Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tales of a Happy Dog: Part 1

For those of you looking forward to reading about my misery, I am sorry. This was a great week. It was so warm the first half of the week that Brian put me out on my rope for hours. I was able to get a head start at the weeds in the lawn (they are, after all, my enemy). And then even after it snowed they let me be out on my chain. I love playing in the snow.

But that is only the half of it. They took me to Petsmart to pick out a new rope (a replacement for the one they threw out last month.) So I picked out the best one I could find. You see, I have been having issues with the last few ropes and the evil tassels on the end of them. I like to tear them apart and spread the mess all over the house, but then the evil vacuum cleaner comes to the rescue. So this time, we got a rope made of polar fleece...nothing to chew, just lots to pull on. Maybe this will keep my enemy at bay.And finally, I invented a new game to play with the humans. It is called chase the puppy. Basically, they charge me, and then chase me all around the house. But when I turn around and growl......I get to chase them around the house, that is until I get them into a corner, at which time they chase me. Sometimes they will just just pretend to chase me, and then in my mad dash they will hide somewhere in the house. Then I get to use my nose to find them....Happy days for Dobson.

I do have one complaint for the week. Brian has started calling me fish head!!!

Your's Truly

Dobson

2 comments:

Emily said...

This sounds a little like our hide and seek game that we play with Ruby! Good job keeping your humans entertained.

Lisa Brown said...

Glad to see that you are happy now :). Lily will be so jealous that you got to play in the snow - she hasn't been in snow since she was 8 months old.